- Empowering the community with educational services and resources that will make them a driven and empowered community.
- Education is not an option, but a necessity.
- All the youth that we touch could become successful individuals.
- Every student should have access to programs that support academic and social development.
- Exposure to diverse cultures and traditions through mutual interaction.
- Inspire each other and learn to grow through mentoring.
- Access to the proper resources enables our youth and their families to improve their present and future socioeconomic conditions.
- Parents are the key stakeholders in their children's lives.
- Barriers should not discourage the youth and their families, instead it should encourage them to continue moving towards the future.
- Inspiring our students and their families to make a difference in their community and school.
- As unique individuals we all learn differently.
Driven and Empowered Youth, Inc. (DEY) is a nonprofit 501(c) 3 organization committed to serving the youth, their families and the community. We were
recently awarded three state issued grants to fund our programs by the Illinois State Board of Education’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers.
These grants enable US to provide quality after school programming, mentoring and enrichment programs at six inner city Chicago Public High
Schools, which are Amundsen, Kelvyn Park, Foreman, Mather, Senn and Steinmetz.
The 21st CCLC funding allows DEY to offer supportive academic services which included tutoring, PSAE/ACT Test Prep, homework assistance as well as diverse
enrichment activities that promote positive social skills. We strive to provide the utmost quality programming to our students and their families.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO
To provide youth and families educational services and access to resources that will empower them to improve their present and future socioeconomic conditions